Term 1 Homework is as simple as follows:
Every MONDAY: Get 10 x spelling words from either your NAPLAN spelling words list, you’re writing drafts spelling reminders or our Integrated words list. Write these in your Spelling Notebook on a LSCWC sheet. Make sure you get the spelling correct and get it signed by me :). Write your homework in your diaries and write up your Reading charts for the week.
Everyone is expected to do approx. 45 minutes of homework a night. If you get home do homework just before dinner between 5:30pm and 6:30pm is probably the best time do it.
Every FRIDAY you are expected to hand up your homework book with the following:
- 30 minutes of reading per night, not per week. Your progress is to be recorded in your diary each night. (Eg: Diary of a Wimpy Kid page 10 – page 20)
- 3 x LSCWC (Look Say Cover Write and Check). All LSCWC must be completed by writing. Unfortunately as much as we love ICT, you cannot complete LSCWC on the computer. 🙂
- 1 x Spelling Activity completed in your Homework book.
- Practise your Weekly Maths Quiz (find the Weekly Maths Quizzes from the Blog Menu).
- Complete 2 x Study Ladder Maths activities (At least 7/10 or better).
To help you out with homework you may wish to do your 30 minutes of reading just before you go to bed each night.
Try and complete the Study Ladder activities and Maths Quiz on Monday or Tuesday in case there is a problem with your internet or computer so you can tell Ben before Friday morning.
Complete the LSCWC on a Wednesday and enjoy doing an enjoyable Spelling Activity on Thursday night. = Easy! Don’t stress about Homework, it really isn’t that big of a workload if you plan it out over a week.
You may submit any homework to my email address: